Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The Star Spangled Banner should only be sung in English.

AND it should only be sung by white people. AND it should only be sung by Republicans. AND it should only be sung by Bush supporters. And it should be..

I have to say, speaking as a Religious Man and a Republican by God, I am awfully glad those Latino artists decided to exercise their first ammendment rights and record a Spanish language version of the Star Spangled Banner. With the War On Christmas (TM) being out of season, I have not had anything new to feed my martyr complex.

Also, I was worried we Republicans didn't have anything for the "Get Out The Hate" vote for the midterm elections, but leave it to Rove: Now I see that immigrants are going to be the Gay Marriage of 2006. I am pumped!

Side bar:
Letter to the Mpls Star/Tribune http://www.startribune.com/563/s...ory/ 405178.html

A SPANISH ANTHEM?

An issue of language

President Bush feels the national anthem should be sung in English. I assume he also feels that the Lord's Prayer should only be spoken in Aramaic and that the Bible should only be published in Latin.

JAMES PETERSON, RICHFIELD

No comments: