Tuesday, May 04, 2010

A note to my readers

The following comment about me was spotted on one of the other blogs.

I mean, [your style is] quite vicious and insulting and gloating a lot of the time. It sounds like the equivalent of hard-core politicized talk-radio, Rush Limbaugh or worse. Your tone, to my reading, is often like this: I'm right and everybody to the left of Obama and Avi Weiss is a deluded moron (and maybe even heretical)!

My reply:


I mean to sound like that to some small extent - like Rush would say, its all part of the show, but I think that if you read what I write you'll find that its not true that "I'm right and everybody to the left of Obama and Avi Weiss is a deluded moron". 



That's not my view, and I sincerely regret if it comes across that way. 


I do correspond, here and in person, with dozens of people who disagree with me in good faith about first principles. I don't think they are deluded morons. I think they are fine people, and I cherish the correspondence we've shared because I think I've grown from it.

In fact, the overhwleming majority of the people I disagree with are not deluded morons. Just if the shoe fits... and sometimes it fits! More here

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woah! I'm really enjoying the template/theme of this site. It's simple,
yet effective. A lot of times it's challenging to get that "perfect balance" between user friendliness and appearance. I must say that you've done a awesome job with
this. Additionally, the blog loads very quick for me on
Safari. Superb Blog!
Also see my page > quickest way to lose weight

Anonymous said...

buy finasteride online order propecia online with no prescription - propecia generic united states

Anonymous said...

There's certainly a great deal to learn about this subject.
I love all of the points you made.

My web page ... dummy mommy