Monday, May 08, 2006

nananananananana....FISHING! FISHING!*

What was the best mooment of your presidency?

Jimmy Carter: I think the best time was probably dealing with the Middle East issue at Camp David," he said, "and even better I think was the peace treaty that came along six months later. I made a very difficult decision over the almost unanimous opposition of my cabinet and my staff to take the initiative and to go to Egypt and to go to Israel to try to get Begin and Sadat to agree on a peace treaty. And when they did sign-both of them signed the agreement-I guess that was probably my best moment."

Bill Clinton: [A very, very long and thoughtful answer about resolving the crisis in Kosovo.]

George W. Bush: "You know, I've experienced many great moments and it's hard to name the best... I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound (3.402 kilos) perch in my lake."

And guess what? HE LIED ABOUT THE FISH: "...the world's record for the largest freshwater perch caught is 4 pounds 3 ounces. So Bush either doubled the world record, and didn't report it, or he's a liar."

To be fair, reeling in that fish is the most successful thing he's done in office, so I can't blame the guy for being proud of it. If only he were a fisherman, the Juvenile egomaniac.

File this under "Another Thing the Mainstream Media Would Crucify a Sitting Democratic President For." Can you imagine, what would have happend if a Democratic president revealed that catching a fish was his shining moment as Commander-in-Chief?

*Simpson's reference.

No comments: