Sunday, November 14, 2004

MY ARAFAT INDEX

Arafat kiddushim* I heard about: 7

Arafat kiddushim* I attended: 2

Number of times I heard the joke about the fortune teller who told Arafat he would die on a Jewish holiday because "any day you die will be a Jewish holiday": 11

People who accused the New York Times, in my presence. of justifying, lessening, mitigating, moderating, palliating, qualifying, reducing, or otherwise sanitizing Arafat's brutal and murderous record. 8

Percentage of these people who said "no" when asked "do you read the Times?": 75 percent

Percentage of these people who said "no" when asked "did you read Judith Miller's official obituary?"" 100 percent

Percentage of these people who said "yes" when asked "do you read Little Green Footballs?": 100 percent

Number of times I heard the phrase Eisov soneh es Yaakov** used to explain Arafat's brutality: 6

Number of times I bit my tounge and kept myself from blurting out "Idiot! Arafat is from Yishmoel!": 5
-----------

* A kidush is an informal party. Many were held on Thursday and Friday to celebrate the terrorists death.
** Eisov soneh es Yackov literaly: Esua hates Jacob. Often given as a reason for anti-semitism.

    No comments: