Monday, July 17, 2006

Evangelical Christians respond to the War Against Hizbollah

Missles are falling and Jews are dying, and the world waits in fear that Syria or Iran might enter the fray. But guess who's giggling? Money quote:
Is it time to get excited? I can't help the way I feel. For the first time in my Christian walk, I have no doubts that the day of the Lords appearing is upon us. I have never felt this way before, I have a joy that bubbles up every-time I think of him, for I know this is truly the time I have waited for so long. Am I alone in feeling guilty about the human suffering like my joy at his appearing somehow fuels the evil I see everywhere. If it were not for the souls that hang in the balance and the horror that stalks man daily on this earth, my joy would be complete. For those of us who await his arrival know, somehow we just know it won't be long now, the Bridegroom cometh rather man is ready are not."
Unfortunately, the thread where this kind senitiment originally appears has mysteriously disappeared. Others like it, however, have been collected and displayed elswhere on the Internet. [1, 2, 3]

Proof once again that no matter how many "I Love Israel" bumper stickers the Christian right puts on their jesusmobile, Jews only matter to them because we are intended to be sacrificial lambs in the rapture story... and the streets shall run red with their blood.

Oh, yes, friends indeed.

Hat tip: JonSwift

No comments: