Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The silence of the left

Some of your most important liberal bloggers haven't said much about the war in Lebannon. Why not?

The Poor Man Institute: I’ve said nothing about war in Lebanon... because I have nothing to add, and also because - as you may or may not be aware - the United States is actually involved in a hugely bloody war right now, and this is more of a pressing concern to me personally. I don’t know the secret formula for ***** any of these beds - I promise I wouldn’t be shy if I did - but I currently only have to sleep in one of them; and, as it turns out, that’s the one bed where I actually have some miniscule chance of influencing the situation. So that’s my concern.

As Jews, we find it very hard to accept that Israel's troubles aren't at the top of everyone's list of proirities -certainly I'd like to see more on the subject from my favorite bloggers - but there are other things happening in the world, things which are also being ignored by the media and many bloggers: Ethiopia's war with Somalia, for example.

No comments: