Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Ridiculous

Israel would be a great place to live if it weren't for the Israeli government:

Education Ministry still not recognizing Yeshiva U. Degrees

Let me get this straight: Columbia University, the State Bar of New York and my current employer have no problem thinking of me as Noyam, BA, JD, even though the BA was from YU and included a year at Yeshivat HaKotel.

But, the Israeli Ministry of Education has higher standards, evidently.

I can't tell if this is an anti-American reaction to the influx of Olim, or this is an anti-Orthodox response to (American) teenagers learning in Israeli yeshivot.

Either way, I can't imagine that either group are worth alienating, considering what they bring to the Israeli economy. (Education Ministry: "What do you mean, 'what they bring'? They're all barely high school educated!")

Credit: Dan T

(Cross posted at The Noy G Show)

No comments: