Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Quote of the Day

"'They always throw around this term 'the liberal elite.' And I kept thinking to myself about the Christian right. What's more elite than believing that only you will go to heaven?' --Jon Stewart


The other day I wrote: "I affirm, finally that all Jews, and the rightuous of other nations, too, have a place in the world to come," and a few of you called me on it.

Here's one objection I received by email:


I am very interested to know why this belief is not racist? Why is it that in your minds eye the gatekeepers of TWTC (The World To Come) are all Jewish? Why is it that Jews have more of a right to TWTC than any other nation or ethnic group? For those that believe in it, TWTC must be the most important club possible and therefore how can u, a liberally minded person, tolerate a sign hanging up on the window of that club proclaiming 'Only Jews (and some that we judge to be righteous) allowed in'
I've thought about this for a few days now, and I confess that I don't have a good reply. Little help please?

[I hope those of you who say I never correct my mistakes are paying attention.]


No comments: