Monday, May 05, 2008

DYM - this what you are talking about?

A guest post by TikunOlam

Ok let me get this straight. So if I understand this correctly, say I was adopted at birth by a halacha observant family and am converted by Rav Chaim Drukman. I go along my merry way, get a Jewish education, grow up in a Torah observant home and for whatever reason eventually stop being shomer shabbos. Along the way I marry a Jewish man and have a few children. So now I am no longer Jewish and my children are no longer Jewish because my conversion becomes invalid retroactively? Well according to this article , and the one in Yeshiva News, that is apparently the case.

DYM - can see why you are outraged. Sorry DB didn't comment. He would have done a better job expressing the rage part of the outrage I am sure.

No comments: