Friday, September 08, 2006

Jameel on the secret prisons

Here:
DB: Surprisingly enough, when the Israeli Shabak started going after right wingers during Oslo, and started using the same tactics that they use on Palestinians, many Israelies who never cared before about what the Palestinians claimed, realized that the Shabak can be pretty awful.Some of their wonderful tactics include; Administrative Detention (imprisonment without trial for long periods of time...and when there is a trial, "secret" information is presented to the judge, wich the defence is not allowed to see...phone taps abound...mail is routinely opened and scanned...) etc, etc, etc.

Gradually, gradually, everyone starts to understand but sometimes its too late.

First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Pastor Martin Niemöller

No comments: