Thursday, June 02, 2011

The rabbi the paratroopers and a note on my editorial policy



Someone who apparently finds it surprising that Haredim often act ethically and properly asked me to post this. I've added it to my blog as a favor to him, but I don't find the content especially newsworthy. Of course most Haredim, like most people, are kind and decent. This needs to be publicized? Why?

See, here's something about this blog you may not have realized. I'm not interested in reinforcing conventional wisdom. I'm interested in upending it. This is not because I think conventional wisdom is necessarily wrong, or false, but because its always incomplete. If all you know is the conventional wisdom on a particular subject, you may know something true, but your perspective is still narrow and you're missing an important part of the story. I don't serve my purpose of rounding out the knowledge of my readers by telling them things they already know. This is why I rarely post videos like this.

But perhaps this editorial policy needs to be re-considered.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Howdy are using Wordpress for your site platform? I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and create
my own. Do you need any coding expertise to make your own blog?
Any help would be really appreciated!
Also see my site > quickest way to lose weight