Monday, January 26, 2009

The rotten things Bush did

Part 1

This is a two part post. First, I'm going to assemble a brief list of the things Bush did during his presidency, that were terrible, incompetent, stupid, or some combination of the three. Then, in part 2, I'll rate them. Here are the first few off the top of my head. Add more, if you like, in the comments.

- Appointing Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court
- Lying, and continuing to lie to the American people about the justification for Iraq war
- Sanctioning extralegal torture
- Sanctioning extralegal wiretapping
- Asserting he had the right to lock up American citizens indefinitely
- Asserting that laws passed by Congress couldn't restrict him
- Presiding over the federal government's inept response to Katrina (yes, the local officials were somewhat inept, too. This post isn't about their failings.) This includes his own reluctance to cut short his vacation, and the thoughtless flyover among other stupid things he did that week.
- Attempting to dismantle Social Security. (Can you imagine the wreckage if social security money had been invested in the stock market this year?)
- Transforming a $230 billion surplus into a 750 billion-plus deficit.

PS: I heard gasping hot air bag Rush Limbaugh complain about Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton this week. This tells me that there is no statue of limitations on blasting an ex president. Still, I think once this is out of my system, we may be done with Bush for a while.




Buy my book. (please)
Buy the other guy's book. (please)
Buy my wife a gift (please)

No comments: