Friday, June 29, 2007

I'm having a bit of an argument with one of the locals about something sports related.

I'm having a bit of an argument with one of the locals about something sports related.

My friend, who is both ignorant and from L.A. (though I find these two attributes often correlate, I've seen no studies which suggest that one causes the other) insists and swears and tells anyone who will listen that the greatest sports call in the history of the world, if not the universe, is Jack Buck describing gimpy old Kirk Gibson's game winning home run to win Game 1 of the 1990 World Series. [Audio, text]

He is, of course, an idiot.

As anyone with ears will tell you, the greatest call in the history of sports radio belongs to Howie Rose. It is a description of the most famous goal ever scored by a N.Y. Ranger, the goal that ended a viciously fought playoff series against the hated Devils of New Jersey and put the blue shirts into the 1994 Stanley Cup Finals. [Audio, text]

When I hear Buck, I think, ok. Not bad. Not sure why he's doing that weird thing with his voice. But ok.

When I hear Rose screaming in what can only be described as unadulterated joy, I get chills. And unless you're some kind of robot, or a freak from out West, I bet you will, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good day! I just want to give an enormous thumbs up for the nice
info you’ve gotten here on this post. I can be coming back
to your weblog for extra soon.

Review my blog semester at sea university of virginia