Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Can a Nobel Prize in Medicine be Far Behind?

Dear Lazer:

Congratulations on discovering that mental illness can be cured via long walks in the park.

What's does the AMA say about this? I'll bet they're pissed. HaHa! Serves them right. Psychiatric medicine, what a joke! Sitting on a couch and talking. Pills and medication. Ha! Who are those "shrinks" fooling? Everyone knows REAL medicine is practiced with leaches!

Have you gotten many letters of appreciation from lunatics? I mean, more than usual? I am sure the millions of people currently committed to mental institutions for diseases like schizophrenia, are excited to know that a nice long walk through a "nearby river, park, field, or woods" can send their demons packing. I bet they can't wait to meet you and thank you personally!

Lazer, I know you're a busy man, but have you had the time to test this fantastic cure on other afflictions? Is walking in the park a solution for mental illnesses only, or can it be used to cure other diseases, too? I'd really prefer not to continue wasting my hard-earned money on those sneaky so-called doctors.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

Your loyal reader,
DovBear