Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The War on X-mas: Dispatch from the Front: We won!

By Conservative Apikoris

The classiest holiday interaction yet. I wandered over to visit a non-Jewish neighbor of mine, mostly to get a chance to schnorr off some of his eggnog, but also to wish him a Merry Christmas.

Well, I was a little curious about how he was going to greet me, as he sometimes hocks on about the "war on X-mas." But he knows I'm Jewish and claims to respect it.

Well, I come in, he holds out his hand, and without missing a beat, he wishes me a "Happy New Year." Totally left Christmas out of it. And for those of you who believe that January 1 is a goyish holiday, I would like to point out that even for the most frum, pious Jew, Jan. 1 is the New Year for the taxes. So we already have several New Years, why not another?

That's it. One less gentile hocking on about the "War on Christmas." Now if we can only get the Jewish rightwingers to shut up about it...

Happy New Year! And may your income be higher and your taxes lower in the coming year.

No comments: