Friday, November 19, 2004

CLINTON ON ISRAEL AT HIS LIBRARY PARTY

Transcript: Former President Clinton Speaks at Library Dedication

And what I want to say is, if you think of the biggest disappointment around to me, I tried so hard for peace in the Middle East.

I thank Shimon Peres and the children of Yitzhak Rabin and Ehud Barak for being here today, and the current foreign minister of Israel for being here today. I did all I could.

But when we had seven years of progress toward peace, there was one whole year when for the first time in the history of the state of Israel not one person died of a terrorist attack, when the Palestinians began to believe they could have a shared future. [emphasis mine]

And so, Mr. President, again I say, I hope you get to cross over into the promised land of Middle East peace. We have a good opportunity and we are all praying for you.
[related: Jewish Blood is Not Cheap]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bill Clinton was the best president ever for Israel. The dopes and dimwits at LGF who think differently, should all move the the west bank.

Then we'll see how tough they are.

Jason H. Elbaum said...

Please see my comments here.