Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pesach diets



This is so dumb it drools. Ashkenazim can eat meat, chicken, fish,  fruit, (many) vegetables, eggs, and matzo (which is good!) The only thing in my regular diet that I can't eat on Pesach are rice, bread (whole wheat) and pasta. Otherwise, its the same food.

 Here's a perfectly good menu for a weekday:

Breakfast:
Eggs, hash browns, coffee

Lunch:
Yogurt
Soup (tomato, potato, vegetable)
Maybe a piece of fish.
Salad, as you like it. 

Dinner:
Stir fried chicken (mix it with broccoli or cauliflower) 
Potatoes, as you like them 
Salad, as you like it. 

See what I mean? This is how I eat even when it isn't Pesach. So what's the problem?

Now, those of you who suffer on Pesach get no sympathy from me because its self-inflicted. The people with problems from matzo constipation simply aren't eating enough vegetables. Add some carrots, cucumbers and tomatoes to your diet and your troubles will disappear. 

No comments: