Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Comment mining

Wanted to give a public answer to some of the thoughtless and selfish things being said on my evangelical thread below:

Thoughtless
John Doe #1 said: So if Christians pray for me to convert, that's a small price to pay for me having the right to say “Pour out your fury" after I open my front door by the seder.

Saying "pour out your fury" does absolutely nothing. The same can not be said about active attempts to convert Jews. These evangelicals aren't standing at the door of their own houses saying "CONVERT" They are going into our neighborhoods, into our shuls, into the dorm rooms where our children live and ACTIVELY attempting to smash, wreck and ruin our heritage.

Selfish
John Doe #2: You know something - why is this so relevant? So they want to convert us. What else is new? I reject their nonsense, but how does it really affect my life? Let the ADl get all upset about statements like this if they want. To the average Jew, who cares?

Kol yisreal arevim zeh la zeh. Are what you really saying is that any Jew stupid enough to fall for the Christian sales pitch isn't worth keeping? Are you acting like the deer herd, and telling the wolves that its ok for them to take our weakest and our most frail? The "average Jew" isn't susceptible, so who cares?

No comments: