Tuesday, February 24, 2009

More Martian Moments (re: Mofsim)

What the speaker said:
For 2 years we couldn't have children. Two years! And then I went to see [famous Canadian rebbe] and I begged him for children! I gave him a big pidyon, of course, and he blessed me. Ten months later we were blessed with a child!

What the crowd said:
Ooooh! Aaaaah! Wow! Woweee!
(aside) What do you say to THAT DovBear?!

What I said (to myself)
What was the medical diagnosis? What percentage of people with that particular condition conceive on their own? What else changed? Did you take new medicines? Did you start having sex more often? Did you enter the care of a new doctor? How often is the Canadian rebbe successful? How often do his blessings fail?

Previously
- The original Martian post
- Fisking a Lakewood Kollel Wife (not as obscene as it may sound)
- Barbaric beliefs
- He who believes that these are true practices... is nothing but a fool.

No comments: