Here are some complaints about the new system, which was forced on me when Haloscan was absorbed by JS/Echo. These complaints are shared by my commenters.
(1) When you click on a comment on the recent comment widget (sidebar) it takes you to the top of the thread, rather then to the comment itself (as on Haloscan)
(2) When you have the browser open, it does not tell you if new comments have been left while you were writing your own (Haloscan's yellow bar)
(3) There appears to be no way to link to a comment
(4) There appears to be no way to deactivate threading. Threading causes people to miss comments.
(5) There appears to be no way to edit a comment. Its delete or nothing
(6) Some say the font is too small. I see no way to fix.
Add your own objections in the comments. (and ponder the irony of using a tool to gripe about that tool, while you are at it)
You can also contact JS/Echo at
Or staff members as follows:
I should point out that they have been very responsive to one problem. He hasn't fixed it yet, but Mr. Igor the support director, has delivered excellent service,