Monday, September 04, 2006

More about me and the GOP

I've been wrongly accused (again) of hating all Republicans living and dead (1) so here for the sake of argument is my list of Republicans who I would probably (2) support in the 2008 presidential election (unless they were running against someone really good.(3))

Mitt Rommey
George Patacki
Michael Bloomberg
John McCain
John Warner
Lindsey Graham
Chuck Hagel
Olympia Snow
Lincoln Chafee

(1) Doing the accusing are Jack (a good guy, and a reader from day one who should know better) Joe (a newbie who seems to enjoy baiting me) and Barbaric Yawp.

(2) I say probably because in early 1999 I flirted with GWB, but tossed him over board as his myriad faults came into focus. I don't know too much about Olympia Snow, for example. I like what I see. But I reserve the right to feed her to the fishes, too, if it turns out she talks to Jesus(4) or spends most of her day playing video golf.

(3) Essentially, I go like this:

Top tier: Centrist Dem (Al Gore, Jonathan Edwards, Ben Nelson)

Second tier: Moderate Repub (Hagel Chaffe, Mccain)

Third tier: Lefty moonbat (Kennedy, Dean)

Fourth tier: Move to Canada

Fifth tier: Hope my state sucedes

Sixth tier: Cry for my country

Seventh tier: Fundy, wingnut, crooked, Christian moron (Frist, Delay, Bush and so on.)

(4) I know lots of religious Jews think it's neat that W. has a close rtelationship with Jesus. Those Jews, though, have forgotten that ** WE DONT BELIEVE IN JESUS!!!!!** talking to him, therefore, is a sign of mental frailty, not morality.

No comments: