Friday, September 01, 2006

I'm Ba-a-a-ck....

Despite my busy schedule in my real life, I found I couldn't resist the call of being a DovBear guest poster.

And so for my virgin post, I've deciided to avoid heresy, whether of Judaism in general or against the political Zionist orthodxy in particular, and, instead be a little more ecumenical.

What I'd like to do is challenge Dov bear's assertions that the Catholic Church and the Pope are anti-semitic. I do that by reporting on how the Vatican's top exorcist believes that our friend Adolph was possessed by the Devil, and that our least favorite pontiff, Pius XII attempted an exorcism of said Adolph.

Adolf Hitler and Russian leader Stalin were possessed by the Devil, the Vatican’s chief exorcist has claimed.

Father Gabriele Amorth, who is Pope Benedict XVI’s “caster out of demons”, made his comments during an interview with Vatican Radio . Amorth said: “Of course, the Devil exists and he can not only possess a single person but also groups and entire populations.


I hope he's not talking about DovBear readers. :)

“I am convinced that the Nazis were all possessed. All you have to do is think about what Hitler — and Stalin did. Almost certainly they were possessed by the Devil.”

“You can tell by their behaviour and their actions, from the horrors they committed and the atrocities that were committed on their orders. That’s why we need to defend society from demons.”

According to secret Vatican documents recently released, wartime pontiff Pope Pius XII attempted a “long distance” exorcism of Hitler which failed to have any effect.
Amorth said further: “It’s very rare that praying and attempting to carry out an exorcism from distance works. "


No kidding.

“One of the key requirements for an exorcism is to be present in front of the possessed person and that person also has to be consenting and willing.

“Therefore trying to carry out an exorcism on someone who is not present, or consenting and willing would prove very difficult,” he added.

“However, I have no doubt that Hitler was possessed and so it does not surprise me that Pope Pius XII tried a long distance exorcism.”


You can read further how Father Amorth doesn't think much of the Harry Potter books, and that he's president of the International association of Exorcists.

OK, I promise (b'li neder) that I will never complain about Hasidim and kabbalists again.

No comments: