Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I want examples

A guy I don't know tells me there's lots and lots of anti-Israel animosity on the left, and he gave me a long list of blogs and other media where he says this animosity can be found:

AlterNet
Adbusters
Democracy Now
The NY Times
Common Dreams
Antiwar.com
DemocraticUnderground
progressive.org

Of these, I read just two: The Times, and DemocraticUnderground. To the best of my recollection, DU hasn't said a word about Israel (I mean posts, not comments which, I generally, don't read.) The Times, as is its practice, has been covering the war from every possible angle. Some op-eds are positive, some are critical, and the reporting has been good. From what I've seen, none of it has crossed the line into "animosity."

I don't know anything at all about the other sites listed. I've never visited them, and I couldn't tell you the very first thing about them.

But I'm willing to learn.

If you've spotted an instance of outright animosity from any of the sources listed above, please provide quotes and/or links in my comment threads.

I'm willing to admit that there might be a whole underbelly of anti-Israel sentiment out there that I don't know about, but first you'll have to show it to me.

No comments: