Wednesday, January 26, 2005

LIBERAL JEW VS. CONSERVATIVE NON-JEW

Compare and contrast

The Liberal Jew
A Journalism Story: Editorial vs. Advertising (long post)
“Um, excuse me, these people are paying for the article? If that is the case, then I’m not doing this assignment. I write journalism, and sometimes I’m hired to write brochures or other marketing material, but I never mix the two. I refuse to write advertising for this organization that will appear under the guise of a news feature. No way.”
[applause]

The Conservative Non-Jew
Writer Backing Bush Plan Had Gotten Federal Contract (washingtonpost.com)
"In 2002, syndicated columnist Maggie Gallagher repeatedly defended President Bush's push for a $300 million initiative encouraging marriage as a way of strengthening families... But Gallagher failed to mention that she had a $21,500 contract with the Department of Health and Human Services to help promote the president's proposal"
[boo!]

For those keeping score -- me!! -- that's two right-wing columnists Bush had in his pocket (right near where he keeps Colin Powel's testicles, and the emergency flask, I can only presume.)

How many more are there? Is there a GOP pundit left still thinking for himself?