Thursday, January 27, 2005

JOMENTUM

DailyKOS is beating the drums of dismissal for Senator Joe Leiberman:
Republicans love him for the same reason that Democrats love McCain -- because they both spend a great deal of the time beating up publicly on their own party.
But for that reason, especially given our minority status (when the party needs to stick together for survival), Lieberman must go. I don't want another six years of him bashing Democrats on Fox News next to a fawning Sean Hannity.
My, my what an unpleasant pickle for the GOP Jew:
  • On the one hand, who the hell is this Kos to mess with a Jew's livelihood?
  • On the other hand, Leiberman shouldn't be in high office, anyway. It's bad for the Jews, and all.
  • But on the other hand (we're from the Love Canal vicinity) if Leiberman goes down in the primaries, as Kos wishes, he'll likely be replaced by a real democrat, ie: one who won't bash the party on Fox TV.

So, if you're a GOP Jew, what do you do?

As you may have noticed, I am not a GOP Jew, plus I like Leiberman. I hope he stays in the Senate forever.