Tuesday, October 26, 2004

LOVE, MONEY, A SOUL MATE AND THE ABILITY TO SEE INTO THE FUTURE

These are some of the gifts promised by Eitan Yardeni to participants at a kabbalah course attended by celebrities and one disgruntled reporter for the New York Post.

"At the end of the three weeks, I had whipped through more than $600 and I definitely couldn't see into the future," complained Marienne Garvey.

But all was not lost. She writes: "I did see Lucy Liu, and her buddy, Soleil Moon Frye"


Adds Yankof from Jack's Shack: "Any time you can see Punky Brewster you have had a good day."

We agree.

3 comments:

Jack's Shack said...

Any time you can see Punky Brewster you have had a good day.

Jack's Shack said...

And on a more serious note, what makes people think that for a couple of bucks they can suddenly gain the ability to see into the future.

Did they not have any common sense to begin with or was it already missing.

Andrea said...

I found your blog through bloglines. Then I realized that I need a Blogger blog into order to advance my blog addiction. Anyhow...

When did Kabbalah become a cult? People tossing all that money towards Kabbalah is scary, but not as scary as "Money for the purpose of you alone is selfish, it is meant to be shared." It reminds me of an episode of 90210 that I once saw.

A while back I saw a brilliant cartoon by Steve Greenberg that mocks Kabbalah posers. You've probably seen it and blogged about it.

I always want to strangle people who refer to kabbalah as a religion. Note to Madonna: You can't have your fruitcake and kishka too.