Thursday, March 17, 2011

A plethora of Purim posts

First mention: Purim
In which I discuss the very first time the New York Times reported on Purim

Some Purim Torah (intended seriously, I'm afraid)
 

An absurd drash someone thinks is legitimate. A commentary on the attitudes of the ultra-religious.

Why I like Purim less 
Once I thought Purim the most magnificent of holidays. Now, not so much. 

 When it Comes to Mishloach Manot.
..most are either lunatics or a lazybones. Which are you?


In which the real reason for this custom is provided.

A summary of a great Torah article by R. Menachem Leibtag.

Al ha'mar v'hamatok 
A 2006 review of the Purim foodstuff I received


I dare you to try and top it

Rafi G. on what the lousy Purim weather might mean (besides nothing)

Grouchity grouch grouch but I DO make some good points.

A long list of all the presumed historical errors in the Book of Esther

A midrash on Esther 3:3

Where the humantachen came from

What Robbie said about costumes
Sorry. You'll have to click on the link to find out.

There are at least 9

Purimfest 1946!!
Do you know the famous story about Striecher and his last words? Its presented here, along with some other relevant facts.

Hava Narisha
A not so traditional way to sing a traditional song.


The Magnificent Magilla Meme
 Some of the thoughts that danced through my sugar and caffine deprived mind one Purim night.

Why do we rattle noisemakers at the mention of Haman's name?
Some irresponsible speculation 

An unauthorized adaption of The Politically Correct Megilla by Eric Sommer, which, if you haven't seen it, was tasteless and unfunny. My rebuttal is much worse, I am sure, but at least the politics represented here are somewhat more appealing.

No comments: