Friday, August 03, 2007

A request I am glad to honor

Received by email

Reb DB,

Yesterday I crossed a line in the comments page to your post “trembles”. I would greatly appreciate it if you would publish the following as a guest post:

Yesterday in the thread on the concert ban I flew off the handle in criticizing the blanket cheirim ordered by Rav Elyashiv and others. While those who have seen my posts recently know that there are times when I disagree with our gedolim, I usually try to maintain at least a small amount of respect. Yesterday I didn’t, and I would like to take this opportunity to retract what I said and to ask mechila fromthe rabbonim who I maligned, and by extension those who follow them in this matter.
Usually when someone changes an opinion so completely, people suspect pressure. Nobody knows who This “Modeh B’Miktsas” is and I have not been threatened with cheirim or lawsuit by anybody. I sincerely regret having used the extreme language I did to condemn talmidei chachomim who were doing what they judged to be right for their community.

(signed)
Modeh B’Miktsas

No comments: