Saturday, August 25, 2007

It's Really Hard to Find a Shidduch in New York...:)

There is a new show premiering on Fox in January. Here is the description: New York City homicide detective John Amsterdam is cursed with immortality because he stopped the murder of a Native Indian girl in 1642 by stepping in front of a sword. Due to this act of kindness, the Indian girl rescued Amsterdam from the stab wound by making him immortal, but warns that it is a curse that will only be lifted when John meets his true love. Apparently, he will fall in love with a doctor in 2008. So, fret not all you singles in New York. It took this guy nearly four hundred years to find a shidduch, but he does find her...

Or maybe you should fret...Or move out of New York. Unless you want to wait four hundred years to find your Bashert...:)

My story: While I was in Yeshiva, I dated many girls. End of the day? I ended up marrying a fantastic girl (tomorrow is our anniversary!!) I met at my shul in LA, WHILE I WAS STILL IN YESHIVA IN NEW YORK AND VISITING HOME!!!

So, post your funny dating/Shidduch story in the comments!

Note to DB: See, I'm throwing curveballs here! No controversial, anti-Chareidi posts. Yet...:)

No comments: