Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Passion of the Gibson

Poor whiny Mel:
Gibson told “Good Morning America” host Diane Sawyer he has been angry for most of his life, but didn’t realise the extent of the anger he still had over accusations that his 2004 film featured anti-Semitic imagery.

He explains, “The other place it may have come from is, as you know, a couple of years ago I released the film ‘Passion.’

“Even before anyone saw a frame of the film, for an entire year, I was subjected to a pretty brutal sort of public beating.

“During the course of that, I think I probably had my rights violated in many different ways as an American. You know, as an artist, as a Christian. Just a human being, you know.”
Poor Mel. Persecuted so harshly that he ended up making enough money to buy his own tropical island. Anyway, see if you can follow the math.

1: Mel makes a movie in which he depicts the Jews as low-down, viper-like Christ killers.
2: Jews get mad
3: Mel gets drunk and insults Jews.
4 : Jews get mad
5: Mel says he only insulted the Jews in the first place because they were mean to him (forgetting that it was his own anti-Semtic movie that got things started)

PS: Where does it say in the US Constitutions that "no Australian should have his nerves gotten on?" So far as I know, he doesn't have a right -as an artist, a Christian, or even as a human being - to avoid critism.

[Source: SFGate: Daily Dish : Gibson: 'I Had My Rights Violated' During 'Passion' Controversy]

No comments: