Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Big Blog Beats Bears Butt

UPDATE 2/10: Before you go, please read this Open Note to Jeff of Protein Wisdom

Nope, I'm not auditioning for the thankless job of writing Mis-Nagid's headlines. I'm just reporting the bad news.

Protein Wisdom, a blog that's neither Jewish nor funny, is poised to scamper off with the inaugural JIB for Best Humor Blog. The carnage as of now:

Protein Wisdom: 252
My Urban Kvetch: 46
DovBear: 35

A respectable showing? Yes. A bronze? Yes. Proof the big mega-blogs have powers we only dream about? Yes, yes, and yes again. Like life, it's unfair, and there it is.

I only hope gentle Esther is facing this debacle with good cheer. Her writer's ego is so fragile, though laughter remains the core of her being (and my tongue, sadly, is in my own cheek.)

Night all.

PS - You can still vote for me. In fact, you should. Let's make a good show of it, true believers.

PLEASE SIR, CAN I HAVE ANOTHER? Seeking to teach me a lesson about being a good sport, Protein appears to have linked me... 40 hits in the last hour alone. Message received Jeff!! I'll never insult a mega-blog again. No siree. Incidently... Daily Kos... also neither Jewish nor funny.

PS - So long as you are here, PW fans, why don't you poke around and see if you can figure out why I got nominated for a "Best Humor Blog" JIB? Hint: the really old ones are funniest.

UPDATE 2/10: Before you go, please read this Open Note to Jeff of Protein Wisdom