Wednesday, December 15, 2004

COUNT THE LIES

Bill "no spin zone" O'Reilly spins and spins, as he tries to huff and puff his way out of the "Go Back to Israel" mess. Media Matters catches him in at least three lies, or misrepresentations or exagerations or whatever you want to call them.

Money quote:
O'REILLY: I mean -- what I was distressed about here, and I think when you think about it, you'll see that I have a point. I mean, I'm not expecting you to agree with me, but I don't want your organization, or B'nai Brith, or even Foxman's organization, the ADL -- which I think is a militant organization -- I don't want you guys to be used.

Because I think that, if that happens, there'll be a backlash against Jewish Americans that is unfair and that I'm just gonna have to redouble my efforts to make sure it doesn't happen.
A backlash against American Jews? If our organizations dare to criticize old Saint Bill? Now that's frightening.