Sunday, August 24, 2008

In favor of Lakewood

by Modeh B'Miktsas
Hi, I am Modeh B'Miktsas. DB asked me to contribute while he's away (funny, I'm really a lot of the things he rails against) so here is my first post on this blog.

I can't think of anything original to say about Biden or Georgia that isn't blaringly obvious so here is a timeless -- i.e. random -- post on the chareidi world.

While I am in no way shape or form a fan of the kollel system, here is a list of Jews who in my opinion would have made the world a better place simply by warming a bench in Lakewood or somewhere and not doing their various historical things. The list is in no particular order except free associating each name with the one preceding it.


1) Jesus
2) Shabbetai Tzvi
3) Carl Marx
4) Leon Trotsky
5) Sigmund Freud
6) (your pick here)
7) (ditto)
8) (ditto)
---------
Buy his book. (It deserves to gather dust in an honored spot on your booshelf)

No comments: