Thursday, July 07, 2005

How do leading conservative thinkers and pundits feel about evolution?

The New Republic asked some of the leading lights of the right point blank if they believed in evolution. Here's a list of who said what. Sort of.

I believe in evolution

David Frum, American Enterprise Institute and National Review

Jonah Goldberg, National Review

Charles Krauthammer, The Washington Post

William Buckley, National Review

James Taranto, The Wall Street Journal

Richard Brookhiser, National Review

Ramesh Ponnuru, National Review

David Brooks, The New York Times

I may believe in evolution, but if I give you a direct answer my fans might not like me anymore, so permit me to equivocate

Tucker Carlson, MSNBC

Norman Podhoretz, Commentary

Stephen Moore, Free Enterprise Fund

William Kristol, The Weekly Standard

I don't believe in evolution. You menuvil

Grover Norquist, Americans for Tax Reform

Pat Buchanan, The American Conservative