Have to say, I was pretty sure you GOP voters were going to embrace Rick Perry. He seemed to have what all the qualities the Rush Limbaugh-influenced electorate value most:
- A presidential demeanor
- A firm contempt for science
- Raw, unreflective Christian values
- A gift for making dumb remarks
- An inability to hold his own with smart people
- A habit of saying pointless, yet powerful-sounding things about our relationship with Israel
Like Bush, who also personified those qualities, Perry was "the sort of guy you'd like to have a beer with". I'm glad Right Wing voters finally seem to realize there is more to leadership.