Here is what he recently said:
I disagree strongly with the concept of separation of church and state. It was not written into the Constitution. While we have a Constitution that is very strong in the sense that we are not gonna have a religion that’s sanctioned by the government, it doesn’t mean that we need to have a separation between government and religion. And so that, that concerns me a great deal. So I think there are cultural differences, I think there, we are as strong as we, our culture, our culture gives us our strength, I guess is the best way to put that. And, and I am worried about the fact that we seem to be walking away from culture. And, and one thing that President Obama has done that I would certainly speak about is calling the Christmas tree, which has historically been called a Christmas tree in Washington DC, a holiday tree. It’s just flat wrong in my mind.Why this statement proves Ken Buck is less intelligent than paint:
(1) The Air Force isn't in the Constitution either.
(2) In 1801 Thomas Jefferson said the 1st Amendment "codified the concept of the separation of church and state". For 200 years this is how we've understood the Amendment, and also how the courts have always interpreted it.
(3) Is it just me, or can every one else tell that Ken Buch wishes to toss the 1st Amendment only for the sake of Christianity. The over-under on the number of cows he would have if the US government made public shows of Islamic or Hindu faith is 87. He speaks so passionately about how we don't need a separation between government and religion but its clear Christianity is the only religion he cares about.
(4)Why are these Constitution lovers so ready to rewrite their favorite document? It seems like every Amendment other than the cherished and beloved 2nd is fair game.
(5) Can the super patriotic Republican party please stop telling lies about the President during a time of war, please? Obama did not refer to the tree as a Holiday Tree. This is a lie sent by treasonous Republicans via email that our very serious candidate for US Senate seems to have swallowed whole.
(6) And, anyway, Obama can call the tree anything he likes. There's no established religion in this country. Why can't these kooks wrap their heads around that?
Anyway, Colorado, I'd appreciate it if you could soundly defeat this jerk.
Search for more information about [topic] at 4torah.com.