Thursday, August 27, 2009

Now accepting nominees for my nominee

So it says here that I can nominate a blogger to go to the big blogger convention and he or she will get a free trip to Israel. The only catches appear to be that (a) the nomination has to be accepted by unspecified convention honchos and (b) the nominee has to agree to attend the conference and blog about an aliya-bound family.

What I'd really like to do is send someone to Israel who can advance the DovBear agenda only I don't really have a DovBear agenda other than to have some fun and to get people talking and thinking about issues typically misunderstood or suppressed. How would that play out at a convention? Who could I send that could maybe get the convention talking about unexpected subjects? And what would those unexpected subjects even be? I'm drawing a blank.

So, I think that unless someone reading this is both a blogger and willing to streak the convention wearing a DovBear sign, I'm going to go with plan B, and let you the readers tell me who to nominate. If you know a blogger who's (a) not too fanatically left or right-wing, (2) not a rabid Zionist and above all (3) willing to say nice things about me in public make your case on his or her behalf in the comments, and I'll do the rest.

No comments: