Wednesday, March 02, 2016

One, maybe two tiny, tiny cheers for Trump


Much as I dislike the role Trump played to manipulate moron Republican primary voters, I might be able to live with him as our president. He's a personal horror show, to be sure, but he's also a deal maker and a pragmatist. Principles don't weigh him down. All he wants to do is win and so long as he and I are using the same definition of winning I want him on my team.

The fact that he's already softening his rhetoric and pivoting away from the outrageous things he said to win the attention of those moron Republican primary voters is a good sign. It confirms that he knows he's been clowning around because to win a Republican primary clowning around is required. When he starts talking to people who are not gun loving pickup-truck driving rubes he'll sound different. And while he is not my first choice I can live with a president who will negotiate and make deals rather than doubling down on a silly principle.

A president Cruz, on the other hand, is a non starter. A firm no. Unlike Trump, Cruz actually believes in things and I find all of those things reprehensible.Additionally, I find it terrifying that he's shown himself willing to shut down the government and undermine the credibility of the United States in defense of those reprehensible principles.

Give me a pragmatist over a Jesus loving True Believer every time.

*Everything said here rests on the assumption that what he have seen so far was a performance for the befit of moron Republican primary voters. If that turns out not to be the case I retract all.

Search for more information about ### at4torah.com

No comments: