I'm in a list making mood.... Here are a few. Please feel free to add and subtract.
*** LEGITIMATE REASONS WHY JEWS DON'T TRUST ARABS
- Years of missile attacks on civilians
- Years of suicide attacks on civilians
- Years of terrorist incursions and terrorist attacks on civilians
- Years of genocidal rhetoric and incitement
- Popular support for Hamas, including the Gaza election and the unitygovernment
- The sight of Arabs celebrating moments of Jewish misfortune
- The documented examples of Palestinians staging deaths for the media
- Yasser Arafat
*** BOGUS REASONS WHY JEWS DON'T TRUST ARABS
- The "Arab mentality" (as if they all shared a brain)
- The fear that the very real examples of genocidal rhetoric and the very real examples of Arabs celebrating moments of Jewish misfortune mean that this is how all Arabs think and feel.
- The idea that all Palestinian civilian deaths are staged.
*** LEGITIMATE REASONS WHY ARABS DON'T TRUST JEWS
- Saabra and Shatila
- Netanyahu's bragging about how he personally torpedoed Oslo, his general recalcitrance and foot dragging, and the fact that he nonetheless enjoys widespread electoral support
- The history of the occupation which includes: Collective punishment, raids, detentions, attacks on civilians, separate judicial systems, inequitable distributions of resources, and land grabs
- Rhetoric from Israelis that has included calls for genocide, calls for expulsion, calls for perpetual occupation, and so on
- The deaths of civilians during bombing raids, incursions into villages and so on
- The attempt by some Israelis to deligitimize Palestenian suffering
- The attempt by some Israelis to suggest that none of the dead civilians were really civilians or that all of the deaths were staged.
*** BOGUS REASONS WHY ARABS DON'T TRUST JEWS
- The fear that Israeli rhetoric about genocide, expulsion, and perpetual occupation reflects widespread popular Israeli options.
- The fear that Israel will never permit a Palestinian state even if the Palestinians were to surrender unconditionally
- The observation that Israel continues to expand beyond the 48 lines which wrongly suggests to some Arabs that the Jews would rather acquire land than pursue peace.
- The fear that Israel actually wants to kill civilians.
- Exaggerated accounts of IDF mistreatment of civilians (as opposed to the real, more limited examples of the same which I have listed as a legitimate reason)
Search for more information about ### at4torah.com