Tuesday, May 10, 2005

My IT adventure continues

Actual conversation

DovBear: Yo, are you in fourth grade? Back up the registry file, so you have if things go wrong.

It Moron:
No, no is very dangerous.

DB: Why is it dangerous? Just follow the instructions from the Microsoft site. You can read, right?

IM: No. No. This might lost all data. No. No.

DB: Look Apu. I've already lost all my data!! We're trying to restore it remember? Using a Microsoft sanctioned fix. Assuming you can read, what the hell is the problem?

IM: Sir, are you not listening? Is dangerous, I am telling you!

Aside: ARGHHHHHHH

DB: Ok. So what do you suggest.

IM: I send men, who take away your computer. If backup file no corrupt we open. If corrupt, have no answer. Very sorry.

DB: Listen to me, Chester, do you think I'm some kind of an idiot? No matter what you find, you're going to call me back and tell me the file is corrupt. Then you're going to want to reformat my hard drive. That's your solution for everything: Reformat. You're like a doctor who amputates first and asks questions later.

IM: Sir, this not fair....

DB: But I'm not wrong, am I?