Monday, December 06, 2010

Someone thinks the Maccabeats are hot? Or more proof I don't know what girls like

This blogger crushes
on the Macabeats. Why?
Last night I was watching a clip of the Maccabeats performing their silly parody of that awful song on the Early Show, and I found myself thinking, "Wow, what a bunch of dorks." They can't dance. They're mostly short, bespectacled Jewbies with bad hair. A choir of future rabbis and/or lawyers.

But apparently there are some women who find such things attractive. Like Gaby Dun for instance. Here she is drooling over her five most favorite Maccabeaters.  A sample: 

I think there’s some kind of insane, innate switch in a Jewish girl’s bosom that, no matter how much she wants to rebel and date people who are different than her and experience the world or whatever, makes her turn to absolute mush around a dude with dark eyebrows and a yarmulke.

Baruch hashem, I just want to put you in my pocket and carry you around forever. Your eyebrows, your yarmulke, your dance moves that you probably honed at all those United Synagogue Youth dances over the years. Be mine, please. Let’s take walks around Brooklyn and not hold hands until we’re married.

Come to think of it, I can sympathize. I will always and forever have a soft-spot for a denim a-line skirt, for slightly frizzy hair, and for that little click seminary girls make with their tongues when they're impatient.

Search for more information about hot Jewish tics at 4torah.com.

No comments: