Wednesday, December 01, 2004

MIRIAM ON A ROLL

Now that Miriam has stopped accusing PETA of anti-Semitic intentions, she's put together a very solid post on the Schichta scandle (and I am not just saying that because her Pop, in the comment section, likes it, too)

I don't share her worry, though, that kosher slaughter might be banned on both sides of the Atlantic. Let it happen. Our food bills will go down, along with out cholesterol levels. Weddings and Bar Mitzvah's will cost less, if meat is off the menu, and some truly disgusting fast food places will be forced to close.

Don't get me wrong, though, I like meat - I plan to grill tonight in fact - but the world won't fall off its axis if Jews are denied the small pleasure of biting into flesh. We'll make do with beans and sprouts, and whatever else Prodly, the J-blog's resident vegetarian, eats.

No comments: